User Stats

Votes
Jose Castillo
Votes |
CREATIVE FINANCING/DOWN PAYMENT LOAN

Jose Castillo
Posted Feb 28 2020, 15:26

Hello Bigger Pockets, 

I have a seller moving out of state and looking to off load some properties he owns. Today we did a walkthrough of a house I want to buy from him. I used bigger pockets calculator to analyze this deal. 

The property is a triplex; fully rented; total income is $3,950 (below market rate rents); expenses would be approximately 

$3,017; cash on cash roi would be 13.99%; purchase cap would be 9.56%.

I could remove some expenses to add an extra $300 to the monthly income, therefore increasing the coc and cap rate. 

My question to the BP community is, how do I come up with the down payment? I have $20,000 that I can use, but that would not be enough. I already own a triplex I bought last November with a 203K loan. This would be my second property, therefore an investment property. The down payment would be $50,000 or 20% and I would need $15,000 in repairs/upgrades plus closing cost of approximately $14,000

BP talks a lot about creative financing and borrowing from friends a relatives. If I find relatives willing to invest with me, what are the forms that I would give them? Are there any investors offering down payment assistance? Has anyone here used any small banks or credit unions providing this type of loans?  

Let me know below. 

Thank you!

Loading replies...