Votes
Gus Muller
  • Minneapolis, MN
Votes |
Rehabbing flip with "Stay at home" order in Minnesota

Gus Muller
  • Minneapolis, MN
Posted Mar 29 2020, 04:56

Hello BP community! I have a flip going and am wondering what everyone's thoughts are for continuing work at it. We have been put on a "Stay at home" order here in Minnesota from our governor. 

We are 3 weeks in, the property is vacant, and 70% done. Tasks left are cabinet install, countertops install, final electrical and plumbing, and cleaning/prepping for sale.

I have scheduled subcontractors over the last 3 weeks on different days to minimize contact between crews, and building contractors are on the list for services exempt from the order. I do not have contact with the neighbors, and shouldn't have to make any trips to the hardware stores. If I need supplies, I could order them and have delivered.

I do want to get the project done and on market, and I really don't think that life will magically go back to normal after this 2 week order. I personally think we are being mislead and the government will continue to ask people to stay home for 2 week increments to avoid a larger panic. We of course have to consider holding costs if we stop work, so I am trying to weigh a full stop on the job or continuing work cautiously with no contact between workers.

Let me know your thoughts!!!

• Broker Minnesota (#40632642) and Minnesota (#BC756273)

True Neighbor - www.trueneighbor.com Logo

Loading replies...