Andrew Zannotti
  • Killeen, TX
Votes |
Columbus VS Indianapolis for OOS Investing

Andrew Zannotti
  • Killeen, TX
Posted Apr 6 2020, 09:43

Cheers everyone!!!

I am currently looking for an area to start my out of state investing journey and I think for the most part I have the two areas I am looking at narrowed down between Columbus, OH and Indianapolis, IN. Backstory, I have two investment properties so far, one I lived in then turned into a rental and a second that I did a BRRRR on as a proof of concept to learn the process up close and personal in the city that I am stationed in. I'm in the military and currently deployed and I want to try doing the process remotely because I know with me moving frequently its difficult to focus on the area I live in with moving frequently and deployments so choosing one area to focus and build in would be my best bet.

I've read "The long distance guide to REI" and "BRRRR" and I'm excited to begin this chapter of my journey.

I've been researching Columbus and Indiannapolis and from what I have seen they are very similar in most metrics with unemployment being slightly lower in Indianapolis and average salary being a little higher in Columbus. For the most part the metrics and the types of properties I am looking at seems to be relatively the same.

If anyone has analyzed these two areas and decided on one or the other I would really appreciate the feedback. If anyone else invests in one of these areas and would be willing to share that would be greatly appreciated too. Pretty much anything that would help me get a bteer unerstanding of the areas would help immensely. 

I want to specifically look at duplexes that I can complete the BRRRR strategy on with my priamry focus being cash-flow over appreciation.

Thanks a ton in advance to anyone who replies!

V/R

Andrew

Loading replies...