Skip to content
Buying & Selling Real Estate

User Stats

Votes
Brandon Thomas
Votes |
Landlord looking to sell, Im pre-approved to buy, one problem.

Brandon Thomas
Posted May 15 2020, 06:46

Hello, all!

So here is the situation... I'm currently renting one side of a duplex in North Texas. I happened to be browsing one of those real estate marketplace sites (zillow, realtor.com, etc..) looking for a multi-family unit to buy and I come across the exact property that I'm currently renting, listed for sale! Thinking this would be the perfect property for me since I'm already living here, I immediately call my bank and see if I qualify for a loan at the amount the owner is asking. Well, guess what? I get pre-approved! Having a feeling that everything is falling into place a little too easily, I read further into the listing and realize the owner wants to sell this property as a package with 4 other unit. Smh. As I can't afford all 4 units (all priced the same), I call a realtor and ask to see if the owner is willing to sell the units separately. As you can guess, the owner says all or nothing. Not wanting to give up on owning this duplex, I call family members to see if they'd be interested in buying a unit as well, and together, the best we could do is 3 units. So here I am, so close to buying, yet so far away. Does anyone have any other suggestions on how I can complete this purchase. Thanks in advance. 

Loading replies...