Skip to content
Buying & Selling Real Estate

User Stats

Votes
Jacoby Atako
  • Insurance Agent
  • Las Vegas, NV
Votes |
Is there a Seller Financing option to turn this into a deal?

Jacoby Atako
  • Insurance Agent
  • Las Vegas, NV
Posted Jun 1 2020, 15:19

I am looking for a little strategy on this situation.  I live in a nice neighborhood in Las Vegas.  My next door neighbor (older couple looking to relocate to Kentucky) is selling their home, which is the exact model of home I am in and appraised for about $400k.  He is looking to sell for $400k but so far hasn't had much interest.  His home is in great condition, but looks exactly as you would expect an older person's home to look.  

I havent talk to him about buying his home, but I know it is paid off. I know the expenses of maintaining these homes very well obviously and estimates maintenance, vacancy, HOA, cap ex, taxes, insurance, etc at about $600 a month. I am sure we could rent these homes out for $1700-$2000 right now, which I would have to price on the lower side based on this market.

So, getting to the point, I am just learning about options for seller financing.  Is there any way to make this deal profitable for both of us?  Buying it outright with a bank is not going to cash flow anything enough to be worth it.  But what type of seller financing options would you consider to make this cashflow but also a win for him? 

Loading replies...