Skip to content
Buying & Selling Real Estate

User Stats

Votes
Nicole Glass
  • Investor
  • Sicklerville
Votes |
As a realtor can I do a for sale by owner on my LLC owned flip?

Nicole Glass
  • Investor
  • Sicklerville
Posted Aug 8 2020, 11:59

Hi All, 

I am at the tail end of my 7th flip here in New Jersey and a friend of mine recently shared with me that she listed her multi-family on Zillow without using a realtor and immediately saw a wave of interested buyers with no representing agents . My friend wanted to test the market to see if they could sell the house on their own to avoid paying realtor fees. Turns out the real estate market is so hot right now that they received multi offers in a matter of 48 hours directly from multiple buyers. This moved saved them $18,000 + in real estate fees. 

Typically I represent myself on my flips but I always end up paying the standard 3% for the buyer's realtors fee. Now I would like to use this strategy of "for sale by owner" to skip out on buying agent fees and just use a transaction agent to generate all the paperwork of just $500-$1,000 but a small part of me wonders if this could potentially be a liability as I am a real estate agent and I also own the LLC of a flip where we will turn a profit over $100,000 in a matter of 4 months .

What should I do ? Continue to list my property with the MLS and use buyer agents or sell the property on my own and save $9,000 ?! Any suggestions/words of advice would be helpful. Thanks in advanced :)

Loading replies...