Buying In Columbus Ohio

6 Replies

Hi, everyone I'm looking for recommendations on good neighborhoods to invest in Columbus Ohio On two different budgets Of 300K And of 100k Looking to do buy & hold Looking for pleasant neighborhoods to manage and good tenants thanks!

Hi @Eden Kad , there are a lot of different neighborhoods I would suggest for this price range, I'd be happy to connect! 

Hello @Eden Kad ! If you're looking for that $100k range, neighborhoods such as North Linden (South Linden starting to pick up, as well), Franklinton, Hilltop, Driving Park, Vassor Village, Hungarian Village are all examples of neighborhoods where this is possible. These are revitalizing areas, however, you can absolutely still have good tenants in these areas. A lot of that comes down to screening, but also having a quality unit. Many times, issues property owners face with tenants is a reflection of the property owner themselves.

For that $300k range, you're looking at Merion Village (north end for the most part), Olde Towne East, Old North, Campus area, as well as, out into the suburbs, as just some examples. 

It also depends on whether you're looking for single family or multi units. Also, whether you're looking turnkey or willing to do some value add. As mentioned above, there are a number of great local resources. @Zeke Liston and @Remington Lyman are great guys and very knowledgeable.

Originally posted by @Eden Kad :
Hi, everyone I'm looking for recommendations on good neighborhoods to invest in Columbus Ohio On two different budgets Of 300K And of 100k Looking to do buy & hold Looking for pleasant neighborhoods to manage and good tenants thanks!

I have 27 doors in Columbus, Ohio. I would be happy to help you out as well!

@Eden Kad I echo what alot of people have said here. When you say budgets of 300k and 100k, are you buying turn key, BRRRR property or something in the middle?