Skip to content
Buying & Selling Real Estate

User Stats

Votes
Henry Chu
  • Attorney
  • Sacramento, CA
Votes |
Experience with Rent to Retirement Turnkey?

Henry Chu
  • Attorney
  • Sacramento, CA
Posted Jan 18 2021, 21:35

Hi All - I've been looking into turnkey providers across the country and realize there are tons of options out there.  Anyone have experience working with Rent to Retirement?

User Stats

Votes
Tammy Tivis
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Beulah, CO
Votes |
  • Beulah, CO
Replied Jan 18 2021, 22:45

@Henry Chu Hi Henry, I did several hours of research on this company just over the past few days and everything I read was positive.  We are needing to do a 1031 Exchange for a warehouse that is selling next month and have a call scheduled with Rent to Retirement next week. That being said, we are considering a variety of investment opportunities for passive investing and will be talking to several companies. This info may be helpful in your decision process.

https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/92/topics/765347-rent-to-retirement-review

https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/92/topics/518583-feedback-on-renttoretirement-and-zach-lemaster

https://www.biggerpockets.com/users/ZacharyCole/references

https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/12/topics/533693-anyone-worked-with-renttoretirement-turnkey

Good luck!

Tammy

User Stats

Votes
Henry Chu
  • Attorney
  • Sacramento, CA
Votes |
  • Attorney
  • Sacramento, CA
Replied Jan 18 2021, 22:58

@Tammy Tivis Thanks so much for the resources!  I'll give these a good look.  And good luck on your 1031.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Joseph Schweizer
Pro Member
  • Investor
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
Replied Jan 19 2021, 07:25

Hi @Henry Chu!

I closed on a property in October 2020 using RentToRetirement. I shared my experience in the post below! I would be happy to answer any questions you have about my experience!

https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/850/topics/895660-my-first-investment-property-an-out-of-state-deal

Best Wishes!

User Stats

Votes
Zach Lemaster#3 Ask About A Real Estate Company Contributor
  • Denver, CO
Votes |
  • Denver, CO
Replied Jan 19 2021, 09:10

@Tammy Tivis @Joseph Schweizer

Thank you very much for providing additional resources so everyone can easily see public discussion about our company.  We take our investor's success very seriously, and strive to build long term business partnerships with our clients.  Almost every single investor we have is a repeat client long term.  After all, in order to build substantial passive income it will take a portfolio of multiple properties over time.  We like to take a comprehensive approach with our clients to assist in all aspects in building a successful rental business including tax, legal, accounting, financing, SDIRA investing, and of course 1031 exchanges.  We constantly have clients undergoing 1031 exchanges, and are able to successfully help them accomplish their investment goals within the strict timeline the 1031 requires.  If you haven't connected with a good 1031 QI, I would recommend @Dave Foster as he is an excellent resource, and assists most of our clients doing a 1031.

@Henry Chu 

I'm happy to answer any questions you have at any point in time.  Feel free to reach out to set something up!

User Stats

Votes
Tammy Tivis
  • Beulah, CO
Votes |
  • Beulah, CO
Replied Jan 19 2021, 09:46

@Henry Chu You're quite welcome, Henry and thank you for the well wishes on the 1031. The more I learn, the more I realize that I know absolutely nothing! lol BTW, I'm from Northern CA (Newcastle/Lincoln area). I sure wish we would've kept our first couple of houses there! lol

User Stats

Votes
Tammy Tivis
  • Beulah, CO
Votes |
  • Beulah, CO
Replied Jan 19 2021, 09:49

@Joseph Schweizer Thank you for so much for your feedback on Rent to Retirement!  I am hopping over to read your post now. 

@Zach Lemaster You're welcome and we look forward to chatting with your team next week!

Tammy

User Stats

Votes
  • Denver, CO
Votes |
  • Denver, CO
Replied Jan 19 2021, 10:24

@Tammy Tivis

We are looking forward to it!

User Stats

Votes
Dave Foster
Pro Member
#1 1031 Exchanges Contributor
  • Qualified Intermediary for 1031 Exchanges
  • St. Petersburg, FL
Votes |
Pro Member
#1 1031 Exchanges Contributor
  • Qualified Intermediary for 1031 Exchanges
  • St. Petersburg, FL
Replied Jan 19 2021, 13:39

@Zach Lemaster, thanks for that kind shout out.  Your folks are great to work with.

User Stats

Votes
Tim Robinson
Pro Member
  • Realtor
  • Silver Spring, MD
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Realtor
  • Silver Spring, MD
Replied Jan 20 2021, 13:10

@Henry Chu I realize that I am just saying what other folks have been saying but I can add to the recommendations for Rent to Retirement. @Zach Lemaster has always taken good care of the clients we have sent to him and we have a client going to closing on a property with them in a couple weeks that couldn’t be happier with his experience. I would say you are in good hands.

The REI Concierge LLC Logo

User Stats

Votes
  • Denver, CO
Votes |
  • Denver, CO
Replied Jan 20 2021, 22:04

@Tim Robinson

As always Tim, I appreciate the kind words & support!!