Skip to content
Commercial Real Estate Investing

User Stats

Votes
Christian Sidaros
  • Investor
  • Raleigh, NC
Votes |
How can I get started in Commercial Real Estate?

Christian Sidaros
  • Investor
  • Raleigh, NC
Posted Jan 12 2021, 07:55

Hello everyone!

I am here to discuss some of the obstacles I have been facing thus far. My interests are in commercial real estate (specifically industrial) and I have spoken to multiple brokers all over the country about certain deals I am interested in. Once I have shown my interest I go to a mortgage lender to see what I can get approved for. Time and time again mortgage lenders are telling me I need several hundred thousands of dollars liquid to get started. I then began scaling down to smaller commercial properties in the 1.5 million and under range and I am still running into the same roadblocks. There was even one deal I found where the seller was willing to carry up to 40% AND roll in the closing costs and I still hit the same roadblock from the lenders I spoke to. Am I just talking to the wrong lenders? Obviously there are people out there who are just starting out like me and don't have 200k sitting in their back pocket to get started. If possible, I would like some advice or a path as to how I can get my first commercial real estate deal done as a brand new investor. Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Loading replies...