Votes |
Boat/RV Storage - General Requirements

Wesley Mullen
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Norman, OK
Posted Jan 15 2022, 10:19

Happy Saturday!

For awhile now, I've had an idea in my mind that a boat/rv storage facility would be a great investment opportunity in our area. We have a wakeboat and know first hand how hard it is to get on the waiting list to find an available unit - i.e. demand is high. I was curious if anyone else on here had a boat/rv storage facility and what are some key requirements to either A) looking for land to build new and what some of those associated costs would look like or B) what type of existing commercial unit would be an ideal starting place to start keeping an eye out for. 

Honestly, I know a perfect spot for such a facility, only a couple of miles from the lake. The building on the property actually just had a fire, so I presume it will need to be demolished. I'm just not sure about zoning/building requirements on if it would even be allowed. Additionally, I'm not sure about the Capital aspect on how much it would take to invest in such a facility. It's one of those things that seems perfect in my head, but not sure how realistic it is at this present time. Though I know as GC (Grant Cardone) says, you need to be unreasonable to be successful. 

I would be interested in any info related to boat/rv storage that anyone has to offer to increase my knowledge in this area!

Thanks in advance, 

Wes

Loading replies...