Skip to content
Commercial Real Estate Investing

User Stats

Votes
Andrew Delveaux
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Boulder, CO
Votes |
Any Strategies to Increase Parking Lot Demand?

Andrew Delveaux
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Boulder, CO
Posted Jul 6 2022, 20:19

I am helping out someone who owns a lot of parking spaces in the Denver metro business district. His demand has been significantly down since the pandemic, of course. What are some options that would help to increase demand? He has no interest in opening his lots up to short term/hour+ leases like SpotHero..etc. I'm thinking some apps can do monthly rentals, but what else would help to increase demand? Perhaps going business to business in the nearby area to see if employees would like a nearby parking spot for a discount compared to pre-pandemic rates. That's all I got!

User Stats

Votes
Ronald Rohde
Pro Member
#3 Commercial Real Estate Investing Contributor
  • Attorney
  • Dallas, TX
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Attorney
  • Dallas, TX
Replied Jul 7 2022, 08:21

What amenities do you offer? is there demand in the area and your lot is down?

Restriping, covered spaces, fully automated, pay by phone, etc.

User Stats

Votes
Chris Seveney
Pro Member
#1 All Forums Contributor
  • Investor
  • Virginia
Votes |
Pro Member
#1 All Forums Contributor
  • Investor
  • Virginia
Replied Jul 7 2022, 08:38
Quote from @Andrew Delveaux:

I am helping out someone who owns a lot of parking spaces in the Denver metro business district. His demand has been significantly down since the pandemic, of course. What are some options that would help to increase demand? He has no interest in opening his lots up to short term/hour+ leases like SpotHero..etc. I'm thinking some apps can do monthly rentals, but what else would help to increase demand? Perhaps going business to business in the nearby area to see if employees would like a nearby parking spot for a discount compared to pre-pandemic rates. That's all I got!

Add electric charging stations, get some food trucks to come by, add some amenities. You can also reach out to nearby businesses and start offering discounts to them.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Andrew Delveaux
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Boulder, CO
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Boulder, CO
Replied Jul 7 2022, 14:51

Thank you both! Good thoughts on additional amenities. I also came up with ebike/scooter docking stations, air fill up machine, fleet and/or ride share storage. 

Thanks again!!

User Stats

Votes
Ronald Rohde
Pro Member
  • Attorney
  • Dallas, TX
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Attorney
  • Dallas, TX
Replied Jul 14 2022, 09:37
Quote from @Chris Seveney:
Quote from @Andrew Delveaux:

Add electric charging stations, get some food trucks to come by, add some amenities. You can also reach out to nearby businesses and start offering discounts to them.

Yep, I posted a great YT video about actual charger costs, projections for usage, etc. Its becoming a popular tenant amenity as well