Commercial Real Estate Investing

User Stats

Votes
Suhaib Rehman
Votes |
Seeking your opinion in helping build solution for home owners

Suhaib Rehman
Posted Oct 30 2022, 10:42

I am Suhaib ur Rehman from SF Bay Area, an engineer with a passion for real estate. I was a residential real estate agent for a few years. I started attending BP podcasts and topics on this website about commercial real estate, especially multifamily since last year.

While I am venturing into multifamily commercial real estate, I started to think about the larger problem of financing and how we can make it easier for people, especially homeowners, to invest in such deals through a technology platform that makes their primary home a profitable asset while they own it. This will drive the business for investors. Since many of you have achieved great success in this business and are very knowledgeable, I am wondering if you are open to a small chat, and your valuable advice for fellow BP community members,  about the customer problem I mentioned. I am open to sharing details in PM.  This will really help solve the right problem for the right audience. Your help and advice will go a long way.

I proposed this idea in front of a start-up incubator which they quite like it. I truly believe that there is value in it for everyone, homeowners, investors like you, and in general the economy.

Regards

Suhaib

User Stats

Votes
Ronald Rohde
Pro Member
#3 Commercial Real Estate Investing Contributor
  • Attorney
  • Dallas, TX
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Attorney
  • Dallas, TX
Replied Oct 31 2022, 07:44

Its this realty mogul, crowdstreet, fundrise? I think this already exists

User Stats

Votes
Suhaib Rehman
Votes |
Replied Oct 31 2022, 15:30

Thanks, Ronald, Yes there are platforms available that allow you to invest in various kinds of alternative investments (and even REIT), but there is just one side of the multisided platform I wish to create.

Existing of a simlar platform is actually a good thing which implies that there is a proof of concept in some form or shape.

If you are curious enough, I am open for a short chat

FlipSystem logo
FlipSystem
|
Sponsored
Learn From Our Team. Earn 100% of the Profits. Join our community of 500+ investors! Avg profit per flip: $14k, Avg effort per week: 4hrs

User Stats

Votes
Ronald Rohde
Pro Member
  • Attorney
  • Dallas, TX
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Attorney
  • Dallas, TX
Replied Nov 1 2022, 07:37
Quote from @Suhaib Rehman:

Thanks, Ronald, Yes there are platforms available that allow you to invest in various kinds of alternative investments (and even REIT), but there is just one side of the multisided platform I wish to create.

Existing of a simlar platform is actually a good thing which implies that there is a proof of concept in some form or shape.

Post a website or pitch deck

User Stats

Votes
Replied Nov 1 2022, 08:14

I'd be interested in learning more about your idea.  PM Sent

User Stats

Votes
John McKee
  • Investor
  • Fairfax, VA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Fairfax, VA
Replied Nov 1 2022, 21:53

The only way I know to make your primary home a profitable asset is to pull the money out of it via a HELOC and invest it elsewhere. Perhaps I don't follow what you are trying to do here?

User Stats

Votes
Suhaib Rehman
Votes |
Replied Nov 4 2022, 09:54
Quote from @John McKee:

The only way I know to make your primary home a profitable asset is to pull the money out of it via a HELOC and invest it elsewhere. Perhaps I don't follow what you are trying to do here?

Hi John. I intentionally left some detail out so that I can hear your thoughts about my business idea. I have pitched this idea in front of a tech startup incubator.  and notice some interest from their side. 

If you are open for a chat/audio call, there I will explain my plan and I also wish to hear your thoughts on it as well

Suhaib

User Stats

Votes
John McKee
  • Investor
  • Fairfax, VA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Fairfax, VA
Replied Nov 4 2022, 11:29

Suhaib,

If you can't explain here it then it's not worth reaching out to you on a call.  This is an educational forum not a sales pitch forum.

User Stats

Votes
Suhaib Rehman
Votes |
Replied Nov 15 2022, 20:21
Quote from @John McKee:

Suhaib,

If you can't explain here it then it's not worth reaching out to you on a call.  This is an educational forum not a sales pitch forum.

Hi John,

As I mentioned, I am not a salesperson but an engineer; what am I selling here...?. The purpose of this post is to see if there is an interest in the market for such an idea, a market fit,  to build a product or a solution. This is an important step. 

As it is a multisided platform, one leg of this business solution is investors on this forum. Hence, I want to reach out to have a discovery call.

Thanks

User Stats

Votes
Suhaib Rehman
Votes |
Replied Nov 15 2022, 20:23
Quote from @Ronald Rohde:
Quote from @Suhaib Rehman:

Post a website or pitch deck

I am building a landing page. For the pitch, I am working with a few startup incubators/advisors who are the right audience for the pitch.