User Stats

Votes
Derek Bell
Votes |
Current lease rates by zip code

Derek Bell
Posted Dec 29 2022, 07:37

Hello BP community!

Do you all have a particular resource, other than a CRE broker, that helps you find current and projected lease rates for multiple building classes per zip code?

User Stats

Votes
Joseph Cornwell#1 Real Estate Success Stories Contributor
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Cincinnati, OH
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Cincinnati, OH
Replied Dec 29 2022, 12:12

I run my own comps when looking at new properties in areas I am unfamiliar with. I use apartments.com, Zillow, and sometimes the MLS to look at rent comps. I check the asking rent price vs size, amenities, and quality. I compare those with my subject property and the level of finish I plan to produce within that asset in that area. I also check to see how much traction those listings are getting, if its $1200mo and only has 3 contacts in 30 days that's a red flag, if its listed 3 days with 100 contacts, I know that's an accurate market rate.

User Stats

Votes
Derek Bell
Votes |
Replied Dec 29 2022, 12:29

@Joseph Cornwell

Sorry, I should have specified….rates for commercial flex warehouses. 10k sf - 50k sf. Maybe I didn't post this in the correct forum. My apologies if so. 

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Cincinnati, OH
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Cincinnati, OH
Replied Dec 29 2022, 12:38
Quote from @Derek Bell:

@Joseph Cornwell

Sorry, I should have specified….rates for commercial flex warehouses. 10k sf - 50k sf. Maybe I didn't post this in the correct forum. My apologies if so. 

Gotcha, I would do a similar approach with crexi, loopnet, and discussing with CRE managers. Our local MLS often has CRE lease terms as well to use as comps. Good luck!

User Stats

Votes
Ronald Rohde
Pro Member
#2 Commercial Real Estate Investing Contributor
  • Attorney
  • Dallas, TX
Votes |
Pro Member
#2 Commercial Real Estate Investing Contributor
  • Attorney
  • Dallas, TX
Replied Jan 2 2023, 09:06
Quote from @Derek Bell:

@Joseph Cornwell

Costar, but local broker is going to be the most useful. Do you use a leasing broker for your other stuff?

User Stats

Votes
Carolyn Yates
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Sarasota, FL
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Sarasota, FL
Replied Jan 9 2023, 17:54

Costar and Loopnet. It is always best to have market participants which could be brokers/owners or tenants of other buildings.  In my experience, most people hate to divulge what they are paying/receving for rent though.