Votes
Dan Cho
  • Latham, Ny
Votes |
Appraiser Stated Damage in Building and Want to Negog with Seller

Dan Cho
  • Latham, Ny
Posted Jul 26 2016, 23:46

Hi all I wanted to get your opinion on how I should proceed with a purchase of a building. So I recently had an inspector go through the building and he noted to me that the flooring in one of the building would have to be replaced as the wood was buckling. 

There is also an issue with not knowing what ampage was coming in one of the units where he recommended that an licensed electrician come out to check to see what ampage was coming in as this posed a fire hazard as well. 

Another unit did not have their electric turned on so we couldn't test anything in there.

I contacted my lawyer about this and he stated that in our contract it states "This contract is contingent upon a written determination, at purchaser expense, by a licensed architect or licensed engineer or by an agreed third party that the property is free from structural, mechanical, and/or environmental defect not exceeding $1,000". My lawyer has informed me that these issues don't fall under the structural, mechanical, or environmental factors. How do you think I should proceed with this?

Loading replies...