Votes
Jason Bourne
  • League City, TX
Votes |
Want to Become CRE Broker

Jason Bourne
  • League City, TX
Posted Nov 2 2016, 14:15

My journey of trying to start a successful business started 3 years ago when I had no clue as to what types of business opportunities existed. I've gone through trying and failing many times, but I also have experience being a general manager at 2 commercial real estate properties for several years, until I left to an acquisitions firm that Id rather not even mention on a resume.

I have been around the disruptive startup scene (did a tech startup that failed early), and I have experience in managing commercial properties. Now the picture is clear for me and I want to start a commercial brokerage either as an independent or have a small team of sales agents. I don't mind working as an associate broker to get training at a brokerage firm, but the question is how do I go about this. 

I have updated my resume, and it shows that although I don't have a college degree finished, I believe I have developed human capital more than other 24/25 year olds coming out of college, even have done successful strategic partnerships as a manager of one of the properties. 

Now here is the interesting part. My parents have a small track of land, that is adjacent to another track of vacant land. The owner has been trying to contact them, but my parents are too busy to really care since they full with work. They want to transfer the land property to my name, and are allowing me to sell or develop it. How can I leverage this situation to get into commercial real estate brokerage? It has utilities and no restrictions. I was thinking about trying to do a joint venture with the interested party, in a deal where I would not have to put down any financing. 

Thanks for all the replies. 

Loading replies...