• Investor
  • Los Angeles County, CA
Votes |
Restauarant and Retail - LOIs, TIs, Variances, and Leases

Will F.
  • Investor
  • Los Angeles County, CA
Posted Dec 3 2016, 17:35

Hey can someone give me general advice on retail/ Restaurant Leasing. Building Located in Los Angeles County.

I purchased a value-ad mixed use with retail/ with goal: to maximize value to property.. Possibly refi in 2 years or sell in 2-5 years after property is stabilized. I want to maximize the rent/ appraised value.

I have been marketing a retail space to lease to restaurants and have a few interested parties.  There is no existing infrastructure for restaurant, and the space is in need of major repair.  A normal retail space in this building might only require $10-20k in improvements to bring it's standards up, where a restaurant would require $60-200k in upgrades to meet restaurant standards.

One restaurant is interested in doing a $250k buildout (I may have to contribute another $20-40k to fix up the space's shell -plumbing/wall repair)

They are requesting $40k TI and 4 months free rent during buildout period.

It's approximately 1700 sf and they want $2/ sf/mo NNN(I'm pushing for $2.75/sf NNN)

Do you think this is reasonable? In this area, turnkey rents are around $3-3.50/sf/m, and $3-4/sf/m in better areas.

Any tips or general advice for a landlord?

General advice for pushing the most value for property in this lease/ build out.  What is expected in general for a retail space requiring a full build out to bring it to restaurant?

Loading replies...