Skip to content
Commercial Real Estate Investing

User Stats

Votes
Ramel Sherman
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Los Angeles
Votes |
Are you ready for some football in Los Angeles?

Ramel Sherman
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Los Angeles
Posted Jan 14 2017, 19:42

Greetings BiggerPockets Community!

I'm dreaming of a Small Mixed Retail/Residential Apartment Building in the South Bay area of Los Angeles, south of Santa Monica, west of the 110, and north of Long Beach.  We've been looking in Gardena, Torrance, Hawthorne, and close to Inglewood.  I'm fantasizing about House Hacking at least two of the units on this property, a studio/1 bed/1bath and another 2 bed/1bath.  Ideally the rents would pay the mortgage and if anything is left provide a positive cashflow.     

With the Chargers and Rams coming to Inglewood this Fall, I'm curious how the BP Community feels about the chances of obtaining this type of property at this time in this area. How could something like this work? I'm envisioning a mixed use residential/retail space (that could possibly hold a store/company that will be profitable due to the influx of Charger/Rams business) With $60K Cash, is this property more of a fantasy or can it be a reality? Is it realistic to find a seller with a property like this that is willing to put together a Master Lease Agreement or some other type of deal without using a bank? If my partner and I were to use a bank, as first time REI, what would we need to do to get a bank to work with us on this type of deal. It would be great to hear back from people that have actually done this before, owners of mixed use properties near NFL Football Stadiums, but any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance!

Loading replies...