Votes |
Portland Cannabis Dispensary Property - Plan of Atoke

Lucas Bennett
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Portland, OR
Posted Feb 7 2017, 17:57

Hey there BP,

It's been a while! Here's my current scenario:

I have a commercial property under contract in Portland, OR that is the perfect spot for a cannabis dispensary: Great location, great traffic, cool looking building. I have already gone through the process of applying for a recreational retail license from the city (ONI) , and we have already received our buffer zone for the site. The state application is currently being processed by the OLCC.

I have experience opening and running cannabis dispensaries in OR, but due to the extremely hot market in Portland for this type of property, I am now thinking about selling it to someone who is looking to get into the market, or to an established cannabis company looking to expand their footprint.

The problem is I don't know exactly how/where to market this deal. I have a list of my buyers, but they are interested in real estate, not in running a marijuana business, which is where the value in this property is. 

So assuming you are allowed to market this property, who do you go to first? Craigslist? Current cannabis dispensaries in Portland? From WA? Cannabis real estate agents? 

Any suggestions on marketing routes, or other strategies for this property, would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Lucas

Loading replies...