• Tampa, FL
Votes |
Commercial Real Estate Career - Beginners Advice

Chad Vergason
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Tampa, FL
Posted Sep 21 2017, 08:55

Hello everyone,

I have recently begun a career in Commercial Real Estate. I graduated college with a degree in Entrepreneurial Management as well as a degree in Finance.

I've moved to a new city (Tampa, FL) and my sphere of influence is small at this point. I'm currently attending local events put on by REIA's, BNI's, Rotary Clubs, and other groups.

I have a "mentor" in my company who was nice enough to involve me in some of his deals but I don't want to be reliant on what he brings to me. I would very much like to start bringing in my own business (I have 2 deals in my personal pipeline in 3 months but that is about as far as it goes given the few connections I have). 

I'm looking for advice or "tricks of the trade" to grow my business other than what I am currently doing. I plan to begin door knocking in my Area of Focus in the coming weeks although I know it may be hard to get in front of a decision maker doing so. I have also created databases of properties and the business entities that own them, which I plan to cold call as well. 

Any Advice is appreciated.

Loading replies...