Commercial/Residential Zoned House

1 Reply

I have the opportunity to buy a small 1100sf house used as an office. A local real estate company is renting it now and will sign a  2 to 3 year lease when (or if) I buy the house. It's located in a small booming town on one of the main streets. It a very nice looking remodeled 1955 house and is sounded by other businesses and some residential house. 

Anyone own commercial/residential zoned houses used for businesses? If so, how has it been for you? 

@Dave Chapa I bought a house at auction just like you describe a few months ago. It was vacant and I haven't found a tenant for it yet so it hasn't been a great experience so far.

But I'm glad a I bought it so here's my thinking on it. It has great flexibility. I can rent it commercial which is what I have been trying. It can take time and patience to find the right tenant but if you find one they likely will stay awhile. 

But if that doesn't work out, I can always just rent it to a residential tenant. Demand is extremely high in our area for rental houses so that's my fall-back plan. And you might assume the busy street might be a turn-off but there actually seems to be a lot of demand for small residential on busy commercial streets because of the convenience factor.

My last consideration is, regardless of what I end up doing with the property short-term, I think it will be a great buy long-term due to the high traffic count street.

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here