User Stats

Votes
Kenny Adilet
Votes |
Guidance for a Non-CRE Background Student

Kenny Adilet
Posted Jun 17 2018, 10:50

Hello all!

A little about me. I am still attending university here in the United States, come from a Finance background, and I haven't had any real exposure to CRE yet with 0 track record. With that being said, I am hoping to get some guidance and critiques on my plan to get my foot in the door.

After some thinking, I was initially wanting to sponsor a real estate investment deal via private capital funding. Once I am able to source a potential deal, I would work with a firm to perform the financial analysis such as creating the pro forma, underwriting financial models, partnership structuring, etc. in order to increase credibility on the financial side.

Next is when I would be working with a legal team to draft the PPM (506c), Subscription Agreement, Questionnaire, and so forth. The pitch deck will also get crafted alongside in anticipation for any investors that want to give a nobody like me a chance.

I was thinking that with my lack of a track record, I can hopefully make up for that with presenting an actual deal rather than a fund's unknown future for example, as well as credible firms crafting the financials, PPM, and due diligence documents. 

If I can get some opinions on inherent risks associated with this as well as any ways to mitigate them that would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Kenny Adilet

Loading replies...