User Stats

Votes
Kenny Adilet
Votes |
Critiques on the Plans of a Student

Kenny Adilet
Posted Jun 20 2018, 20:48

Hello readers!

Before I begin I just want to mention that I am currently a finance student at a university here in the United States so please excuse my ignorance. 

For a while now, I have had a strong urge to sponsor commercial real estate investments via private capital funding. Some of you may know this from a recent post I just made. Now, however, I am looking to do it during school so I can hit the ground running after... I know crazy right! Maybe a miracle can happen to make it work. 

So I began conjuring up anything that can entice investors to give me a chance with 0 track record and would like anybody's opinion on it. In order to minimize risk these are the things I thought of.

I first thought of the least riskiest investment strategy: Core/Core+. For the financial analysis, I would make sure ~100% recovery for the investors in the base case, downside case, and the "oh my god" downside case. I also do not plan to charge acquisition fees or management fees. I may not even take out a portion of the cash flow or disposition. PPM(506c) and due diligence documents are also crafted by credible firms. 

As you can see I don't really seek money, but rather experience; I, myself, may even lose money doing this. Whatever makes the investors happy with their decision.

This was a short rant, however I can now have it criticized on if it will work. Any feedback is appreciated!

Thanks guys,

Kenny Adilet

Loading replies...