• Rental Property Investor
  • Tennessee
Votes |
Self Storage repair parts, plus mice

Lynnette E.
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Tennessee
Posted Jul 15 2019, 19:47

So,it appears that I will be getting possession of the self storage units I bought with a 4 unit apartment complex last January pretty soon.

In looking at the units that are vacant, they are made out of block, but have a plywood ceiling.  The units appear to be infested with mice.  I am guessing that they travel through the ceilings.  The doors are roll up metal and seem pretty tight to the wall, but some are missing the weather flap on the bottom of the doors.

So, I have put out poison, but really how do those with self storage facilities control rodents when people put crackers and cereal in their units along with boxes of clothing?

And another question.  Is there a company that will come out to the units to do repairs?  There are several doors that could use the weather flap on the bottom of the doors replaced.  Also the sliding lock latch of same doors is rusted, one so much that the door can not be unlocked to open it on one unit.

If there is not a mobile repair company, it there a place one can buy the parts?  And are there tutorials on how to fix the doors?  I am clueless on how to open the door when the latch won't slide to unlock.

Loading replies...