Skip to content
Commercial Real Estate Investing

User Stats

Votes
Mike Nas
Votes |
Leaving multifamily investing- What NNN props do you recommend?

Mike Nas
Posted Jan 22 2020, 19:58

Hey everyone! Im a new member here but after stumbling here for another reason Im hoping some people can help with some suggestions. Will try to keep this brief so let me know if you need any more information. 

I come from multi family (MF) property ownership/management of a few properties of various sizes here in Los Angeles. Im looking to exchange the MF properties over time into STNL properties, perhaps in tax-friendly states. I have a pretty good knowledge of the MF business but admittedly not too much in the general commercial space. 

With that said, is there any "gold standard" for STNL? What kind of properties do MF landlords (who are tired of tenants and toilets) like to exchange into (i.e. properties that are good for new CRE investors)? Drug stores and Walgreens in particular seemed very promising until I quickly realized that rent increases were often flat for decades.

I am having trouble understanding how the relationship between risk vs return actually plays out in real life because cap rates and valuations seem to vary so widely. Unlikely, but is it because many of the properties on loop net are priced in way (high) where the landlord just wants to see if there are any bites vs people who are actually motivated to sell. Are off-market listing more common in commercial properties than in MF? 

Loading replies...