• colorado
Votes |
help needed on self storage analysis

Ashley Zhang
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • colorado
Posted Aug 7 2020, 21:59

Hi guys, I would like to know how much should I offer to this SS deal, or should I even offer? While I am looking for my first SS store facility, I found this mini SS, located in the best part of town in which property price was the highest in the entire county. Just give you a general idea, 1 acre vacant land is sold for 150k. It was split into two parcels, walking distance between them. Total 92 doors, size 10x10, 10x12, 10x15 ish. It's a mini self storage facility and there is no climate control or any advance technology whatsoever, not even a secure fence and gate . Except indoor units, there are some outdoor space to park RV and boat. One parcel with the outdoor space is 1.24 Acre, and the other parcel contains mini indoor units is 0.35 acre. The gross income/NOI was $70k/48.5k for 2016, $71k/50k for 2017, $74k/48k for 2018, and $88.5k/66.9 for 2019. the market cap rate currently is 7-9. The owner is asking for $850k for both. I did a quick calculstion, even if I use the best year, 2019, cap rate 8, I only get market value of 530k ish, let along the prior years didn't do as good as 2019. obviously, either there was some changes made in 2019 that made the income increased dramatically, or he just want to sell the facility and made the number looks better on paper. Anyway, I am still interested in buying it, but i definitely cannot pay the asking price. I have very limit funding, I don't have 20% down funding, probably 10%, I am thinking asking owner to carry 10% and borrow the rest from bank. The owner mentioned that he wants more equity out of this property, which means he probably wouldn't want to carry 90%, especially if I am planning cut 1/3 asking price down. please shed some light, apprecia any honest opinions/advices!

Loading replies...