Commercial/Residential Land for 50 homes with hobby farms?

2 Replies

Client wants to build a small sub-division of 50 homes in Texas with little hobby farms (veggies and cattle) in the community. What zoning category the land has to be? Commercial, Residential, or can we use Agricultural?  Any help will be appreciated. Thank you.

@Nikita Khambe    Contact both city and county.  Know your ag requirements around the cattle need 1-5-10-50 acres around there to survive without supplemental feed.  Some counties, especially the bigger one regulate development outside the cities.  You'll want to know if you can get water.  Many of the rural water systems in Texas seem to be tapped out....adding no more meters....know you septic/sewer requirements.   Know your road frontage requirements.  That's a few to start.