Votes
Erica Anne Langston
  • Wilmington, NC
Votes |
How do I break the foreclosure news?

Erica Anne Langston
  • Wilmington, NC
Posted May 8 2022, 12:44

We are closing on a neighboring foreclosed property tomorrow that's occupied by the (former) owner, and part of our contract with the bank stipulated that we couldn't talk to the current owners about the foreclosure or let them know we were under contract to purchase the property. I know this may end up in court, but we're planning to approach them tomorrow and let them know that we now have the deed to the house and would like to make a cash-for-keys offer if they can agree to be out in 30 days. We don't know these people well, but we've had a few conversations with them since we moved to the neighborhood two years ago and they seem okay, but it really feels like their reaction to the news that the property has officially sold and we want to take possession ASAP could go any way. We thought they had moved out, but another neighbor told us today that they didn't think that was the case. I'm looking for advice on what all I should emphasize/avoid saying. What would be a good cash-for-keys offer to get this conversation started? 

Loading replies...