No name on deed and zero liens

4 Replies

So I saw this house on the sheriff foreclosure list in my county and I did research and what I found was no name on deeds. Literally it comes up deeds - 0, and zero liens on the house. I did a drive by and saw a suv parked in the drive way. How difficult would it be to get someone evicted from the house?

Hey Mikey. That seems very strange that there is no deed holder or liens on the property. I've never heard of that one. 

As far as the tenant goes... typically going to them and offering "cash for keys" is a good way to get them out quickly and help them to their next destination. 

Sorry I couldn't help much with the deed/lean situation. Please keep me updated on that and let me know if I can help further. 

@Lexey Neitzel thanks for your reply to my question. I actually found out that there is a owner and they bought the house the time that the last person was last seen living there. I use neighborwho.com and am thinking it's not a good site to do title searches. I have till December 7th till the auction opens. Do you know of a good site for me to use to do a title search?

Promotion
Apartments.com
List, Screen, Lease, Get Paid, Manage.
No Better Place to Lease Your Place
Owners rely on the #1 rental site to get the best results from their rental properties.
Get Started Now
Originally posted by @Mikey Grabon :

@Lexey Neitzel thanks for your reply to my question. I actually found out that there is a owner and they bought the house the time that the last person was last seen living there. I use neighborwho.com and am thinking it's not a good site to do title searches. I have till December 7th till the auction opens. Do you know of a good site for me to use to do a title search?

Go to the county sites, you can usually google "XXXXX county recorder" and "XXXXXX county court records".  Once you have the owner name then use it to pull deeds, liens , etc

@Chad U. Thank you for your reply! I actually was able to look up the address on the property at the county office online. All I'm trying to figure out now is if it's a first mort foreclosure or second ect. I'm absolutely 100 percent new to all of this real estate stuff and looking at all of the mort, release of mort and ect. Is confusing to me. Luckily I have six more days 🙂.