Connecticut Foreclosures and Fools

7 Replies

I am a noob here as a 43 year old physician struggling to keep up the hours of my busy practice and I am looking for tips on starting investment by BRRRR'ing (is that a verb?) through foreclosure auction in the state of Connecticut.

Thank you so much!

Originally posted by @Steven Murphy :

I am a noob here as a 43 year old physician struggling to keep up the hours of my busy practice and I am looking for tips on starting investment by BRRRR'ing (is that a verb?) through foreclosure auction in the state of Connecticut.

Thank you so much!

Hi Doc,

It sounds like what you need is a Realtor who is both a knowledgable Agent and Investor. Someone who can scrub the market for potential deals and up coming auction properties and feed them to you.

Also a good contractor who is willing to walk the property with the agent and estimate repair cost.  Your practice is just not going to allow you the liberty to search & view multiple properties.

How far in the process have you got so far?

If you are as busy as you sound from your post, trying to invest now will only result in you placing too much trust in others to find you what you want and not enough trust in yourself to learn the process. Wait until you can focus your attention, at least in part, on investing and then start the journey.

I am just starting and am wondering if I can look at multi family and maybe put offices in the same location. I need a good team for sure before I jump the gun. I am laser focused on value add and low capital investment risk. I’m looking close to home. Norwalk, Stamford, Bridgeport. 

Hi Steven,

welcome to the investor world. I admire your vision as a Medical Professional to get started in self managed real estate. This one price of advice may sound plain and fundamental but it’s a mistake many of us make. Remember in real estate you make money when you buy, more so than when you sell. Be patient, build a team, gain expertise of your market and price points and then execute rapidly when a deal meets pre-establishes criteria. 

Wishing you much success !

Mark 

Thanks to all of you. I posted that JUST BEFORE COVID hit. Since then we have been very busy and very successful. Now I have some capital and time. I'm looking for out of state first due to the tenant friendly situation in CT. But also so I can make my money go a long way. I am looking to make 50,000 a month as my dream for financial freedom. That will take 15mm in the bank or I figure 100 doors or so. I'm looking for knowledgeable people to join my journey.