• Realtor
  • Houston, TX
Votes |
Information to reinstate loan in state of Texas

Purva Mehta
  • Realtor
  • Houston, TX
Posted Jan 15 2022, 20:07

Hello BP family, I am trying to get my feet wet on understanding the process channel to acquire a property pre-foreclosure. I understand the first step is to get the information to reinstate the delinquent loan on the subject property. What is the best way to go about getting the information on amount required to reinstate the loan. My personal experience is the trustees or the mortgage company will not directly share this information with investor. Unfortunately, the property owners at times are just so stressed out and sometimes just careless to not get that information either. What is the best approach as an investor I should adapt to get this preliminary information?

Any thoughts/suggestion/advices are greatly appreciated.

User Stats

Votes
Mike Hern
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Scottsdale Austin Tuktoyaktuk
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
Replied Jan 16 2022, 22:12
Originally posted by @Purva Mehta:

Hello BP family, I am trying to get my feet wet on understanding the process channel to acquire a property pre-foreclosure. I understand the first step is to get the information to reinstate the delinquent loan on the subject property. What is the best way to go about getting the information on amount required to reinstate the loan. My personal experience is the trustees or the mortgage company will not directly share this information with investor. Unfortunately, the property owners at times are just so stressed out and sometimes just careless to not get that information either. What is the best approach as an investor I should adapt to get this preliminary information?

Any thoughts/suggestion/advices are greatly appreciated.

Only someone on the loan has the right to get that information. It is against the law for a lender to disclose that information to an unauthorized party.

User Stats

Votes
Purva Mehta
  • Realtor
  • Houston, TX
Votes |
  • Realtor
  • Houston, TX
Replied Jan 22 2022, 05:22

@Mike Hern thanks Mike for the information. Can I get an authorization from the property owner which will let me talk to the mortgage company.

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Dwayne Poster
  • Investor
  • Van Isle
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Van Isle
Replied Jan 22 2022, 07:39

The lender should state what it is they require to disclose that info. At some point, the action will be recorded in the court filings, and in my area, those dockets are publicly available. 

User Stats

Votes
Mike Hern
Pro Member
  • Investor
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
Replied Jan 22 2022, 08:59
Originally posted by @Purva Mehta:

@Mike Hern thanks Mike for the information. Can I get an authorization from the property owner which will let me talk to the mortgage company.

Right. You can have a 3 way call with the lender and the borrower can authorize you to talk to the lender on your behalf. Some lenders will mark the file to make that a permanent addition and others will require the authorization each phone call. It just depends on the circumstances. You won't know until the lender tells you.

User Stats

Votes
Purva Mehta
  • Realtor
  • Houston, TX
Votes |
  • Realtor
  • Houston, TX
Replied Feb 26 2022, 08:40

Thanks you all for your valuable information. This really helped.