Votes
Chris Igard
  • San Antonio, TX
Votes |
203k deferment during rehabilitation

Chris Igard
  • San Antonio, TX
Posted May 1 2022, 05:55

I’ve heard on multiple podcasts about the 203k loan that you’re able to either defer or roll the payments into your mortgage while the work was being completed for up to 6 months to prevent people from having to pay rent at two different locations. They never specify whether it’s the 203k limited or the regular 203k. I’m hoping someone knows and can direct me to where it’s at in writing. Thanks.

User Stats

Votes
Bob Reinhard
  • Lender
  • Patterson, NY
Votes |
  • Lender
  • Patterson, NY
Replied May 1 2022, 06:10

Perhaps this might me of some limited use.

https://www.hud.gov/sites/docu...

https://www.hud.gov/program_of...

Much success.

Bob

User Stats

Votes
Chris Igard
  • San Antonio, TX
Votes |
  • San Antonio, TX
Replied May 1 2022, 06:28

Thanks Bob, I appreciate it. These are for the 203k standard I’m doing the limited. I appreciate you all the same though.  

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Paul Welden
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Tempe, AZ
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Tempe, AZ
Replied May 2 2022, 16:21

@Chris Igard

The standard 203k allows up to 6 months of mortgage payments to be included with with mortgage, and this option must be decided on before the loan closes. I know you mentioned not paying rent at 2 locations, but you'd only be paying rent at your current residence but paying your mortgage (not rent) for your new home, but 6 months of those mortgage payments can be added into your loan. 

The limited 203k does not allow any mortgage payments to be included with the mortgage. 

Reference HUD SFH 4000.1

Hope this helps!

User Stats

Votes
Chris Igard
  • San Antonio, TX
Votes |
  • San Antonio, TX
Replied May 2 2022, 16:58

Thanks