Foreclosures

User Stats

Votes
Suchi Desai
Votes |
Foreclosure/Auction procedures in San Antonio

Suchi Desai
Posted May 16 2022, 16:04

Hi, my wife and I are new to the area and were wondering how the foreclosure/auction process works in this county. From the general information it seems that auctions are every Tuesday mornings. If anyone would be able to help and guide on this process/information. Thank you so much

User Stats

Votes
Matthew Tyson
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • San Antonio, TX
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • San Antonio, TX
Replied May 17 2022, 12:08

Here is the foreclosure site for Bexar County: Bexar County Foreclosure Auction

You can also view them here: Auction Site

If you are purchasing a tax foreclosure from the Sheriff Sale, you will need to get a bidders certificate first. You can find that information here: Request for written statement form

Both the Sheriff's tax sale and Foreclosure Auction happen at the same time and I believe at this time only once per month on the first Tuesday of every month. I could be wrong about that though. Make sure you have money ready to go. 

User Stats

Votes
Replied May 17 2022, 12:38

The tax foreclosures are the first Tuesday of every month (unless on July 4 or January 1 then the next day).  Some counties have sales every month most do not.  Email me and I can forward to you a website with info or where to get an intro to tax sales in Texas at no charge.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes