Foreclosures

User Stats

Votes
Vanessa Purwar
Votes |
Auction.com bidding advice

Vanessa Purwar
Posted May 17 2022, 08:58

Hi, looking for some insight on auction.com counterbidding. Does anyone know how it works? Do they counterbid right away? or can there be a lull and then they counterbid? Can they bid against themselves (if there was no other bid after their counter can they bid again)? Is there any way at all to tell if it is a real buyer vs. auction.com bidding?  This will be my first auction of any type and although i have a set number I really would not like to get to that number if possible and especially if I will only be bidding against myself!  Any insight would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

User Stats

Votes
Bob Reinhard
  • Lender
  • Patterson, NY
Votes |
  • Lender
  • Patterson, NY
Replied May 17 2022, 09:07
The auction will be concluded after it ends ... if you think you want to leave and come back later, well....
Otherwise, I am not certain what you mean by a "lull"
If you read the disclosure (as you should) auction.com bids on behalf of its client.

Much success.
Bob

User Stats

Votes
Vanessa Purwar
Votes |
Replied May 17 2022, 10:03
Quote from @Bob Reinhard:
The auction will be concluded after it ends ... if you think you want to leave and come back later, well....
Otherwise, I am not certain what you mean by a "lull"
If you read the disclosure (as you should) auction.com bids on behalf of its client.

Much success.
Bob

Thanks I understand that they counterbid on behalf of the bank, I just wanted more information on it if possible. By "lull" i mean, if i place a bid at 12:00pm will the counterbid be immediate at 12:00:05  or can it be at like 2:00pm?

Rent To Retirement logo
Rent To Retirement
|
Sponsored
Turnkey Rentals 12+ States. SFR, MF & New Builds, High ROI! 3.99% rates, 5% down loans, below market prices across the US! Txt REI to 33777

User Stats

Votes
Vanessa Purwar
Votes |
Replied May 17 2022, 14:26

was just able to take a look at a live auction on auction.com and it looks like it indicates when the bid is a counterbid by auction.com!