• Seattle, WA
Votes |
Prospecting Tax Delinquent for Listings, Flips, & Rentals

Kevin Simpson-Verger
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Seattle, WA
Posted Nov 8 2016, 12:55

Hi BP,

I'm looking to obtain a list my County in WA State. The Tax Accessors Office will provide you with an 'Entire Tax Roll' rather than a Delinquent Tax List. It's $250 for the Whole County. They told me it's updated daily.

1) How often would I want to order a new list so that I identify which new prospects fall into my 2+ years delinquent category? Quarterly, Semi-Annually, Annually?

2) I'm a real estate broker as well, and was interested in using this avenue for making good investments on the 'Purchase' for either 'Flipping' or 'Rentals' but also as a lead generator for Listings. Is this possible?

3) I understand that people 2+ years behind in Property Taxes are not in the right mindset, but if a property has a market value of $500,000, and have an existing mortgage of $200,000, and are $30,000 behind in Property Taxes. Why would they not just sell it as a traditional listing. $50,000 in closing cost + $200,000 on the Mortgage, and $30,000 in Delinquent Property Taxes = $220,000 in Equity or Net Proceeds following the closing of the property. (This is what is holding me back in regards to prospecting for them.)

4) I'm a huge prospecter for listings using Circle Prospecting, Farming, and Probates so my plan was to load up the Tax Delinquents into a Dialer and prospecting for either Flips, Rentals, & Listings.

5) My goal would be able to monitor my county for properties that fall into the 2+ year Delinquent Group, and be notified them the day of, so that I can call them immediately and see if I can identify an opportunity.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

-Kevin SV

Loading replies...