Votes
James Stamp
  • Wake Forest, NC
Votes |
Foreclosure offer advice

James Stamp
  • Wake Forest, NC
Posted Mar 8 2017, 19:07

I've found a Fannie Mae foreclosure in a neighborhood I like.  I want to move into the house and rent my current home.  The foreclosure has been on the market for about 3 months with NO offers.  Price has gone from $295k, to $285k, and is now $275k.  My realtor says the market value of the house is $250k max.  I went by there and it looks in great shape other than the HVAC looks like it may be on it's last leg.  The lot is also very sloped and there is a creek in the back that may flood the back part of the yard, but nothing that would get near the house.  I can't figure out why, other than price that no one has made an offer.  I'm thinking about offering $195k for it to see what the bank says.  Is this crazy?  Am I wasting my time and more importantly, my realtor's time?

My current house was a BoA foreclosure and the bank only came down a couple thousand from the original asking price and it was vacant for years and needed a new roof.  

All comments are welcome and thanks in advance.  This is my first post on Bigger Pockets. :)

Loading replies...