Justin Cortez
  • Boerne, TX
Votes |
TEXAS "SUBJECT TO" plan and questions

Justin Cortez
  • Boerne, TX
Posted Jul 14 2019, 19:54

hello everyone,

so I've recently found a few pre-foreclosures. but looking at the comps in the area the homes have 20%-40% equity. my original plan that came to mind was to do offer a few different solutions and then push the "subject to" method.

so i own my own home already, and it is in a decent market. 2 of the homes that are in pre-foreclosure are cheaper (principal cost but not in value). i plan to rent my existing home out and cashflow $200-$400 every month. my plan is to hopefully agree on a subject to and if the monthly payment is cheaper than that of my existing mortgage payment, i will just move me and my family into the subject to home and refinance after about a year or so after paying the principal down with a heloc on my existing home to extinguish the mortgage on the subject to home.

i know the lender has every right to call the loan once the deed to the property has been played with and from what i have read its rarely heard of, but I am not one to say that it wont or cant happen to me. with the home having quite a bit of equity does that put me at higher risk with the lender to call the loan? what are some things that i could do to possibly keep my risk at bay with the lender of the pre-foreclosure? would it be possible to talk to the lender before an agreement is signed to for the subject to? 

thank you,

Justin Cortez

Loading replies...