Cost Effective Titile Search Method Before a Foreclosure Auction

4 Replies

Hi Everyone!

Looking for a cost effective method or vendor to do multiple title searches on a few different properties prior to an auction. This will be my first time with a foreclosure so any recommendations are welcome

Thanks for your help!

Originally posted by @Phil Baker :

Hi Everyone!

Looking for a cost effective method or vendor to do multiple title searches on a few different properties prior to an auction. This will be my first time with a foreclosure so any recommendations are welcome

Thanks for your help!

I use a virtual assistant company out of India who do the searches at a fraction of the cost of most title search vendors.  However, there was a huge learning curve for them and me educating and getting them on the same page.  They miss things as well, so I need to double check their work.  However, I have them do full searches, and they have also found things that other big name vendors didn't catch.  

Originally posted by @Chris Seveney :

@Phil Baker

I use protitleusa.com which runs OE reports. These are not title reports and they sometimes miss stuff

You get what you pay for and I would recommend running a full title search if I were to bid at foreclosure sale

a lot of NW smaller bidders will just waltz into the courthouse and do their own quick search on the few properties they are interested in.