Foreclosures

User Stats

Votes
Ryan Car
Votes |
Bid on property or not

Ryan Car
Posted Sep 15 2019, 19:58

I have a 1st trust deed on a property that is currently in foreclosure.  It will be going to auction pretty soon on October 2nd.  In total, after all foreclosure costs, it will be going to auction for about $34k and the only other lien on the property is about $1,400 of property taxes.  I'm trying to decide to just let it go to auction and not attend or to actually bid on this house myself in case any investors come so that I can get the property.  I figure the house could sell anywhere between 90-110k depending on the work put it (I can show the link to the property if anyone would like to provide input).  I live a couple hours away from the property and I work full time, so I would not be able to physically oversee any refurbishment.  I would need to rely on a general contractor to oversee the work.

So my question is should I just let this go, or should I try to flip this property?  If yes to bid, has anyone ever used a general contractor before to oversee the project?  I would have to rely on the contractor to refurbish the property and I could not physically be there to oversee the contractor.  How would you go about writing up a contract with a general contractor to do this?

Thanks.

Loading replies...