User Stats

Votes
Trey Lusk
Votes |
Newbie looking at commercial deals

Trey Lusk
Posted Jan 16 2022, 13:21

Hello all,

New investor, have not done any deals yet. I’ve done a lot of research, reading, analyzing, etc. and I’m hungry to get started.  A recent episode of the biggerpockets podcast(541) opened my mind to more than small multi family’s and has me looking into small apartment complexes and even a 61 space RV park. I’ve done my research on the residential side but the commercial side is completely foreign to me. I’m looking for anyone that can help me make one of these deals happen, and any kind of books/videos/ articles you recommend to help me learn how to get a property over a million dollars financed. Thank you all for your time, and I look forward to your responses!

Respectfully,
Trey Lusk

User Stats

Votes
Jordan Ray
  • Developer
  • West Palm Beach, FL
Votes |
  • Developer
  • West Palm Beach, FL
Replied Jan 16 2022, 15:01

Hey @Trey Lusk I just finished The Real Book of Real Estate by Robert Kiyosaki and I could not put it down. The book interviews successful people in real estate about finding deals, development, financing, law, etc. I think it should help. 

I am a new investor as well, feel free to connect. 

User Stats

Votes
Trey Lusk
Votes |
Replied Jan 16 2022, 15:19

@Jordan Ray Thank you for the recommendation! Just ordered it. 

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Adam Lacey
  • Investor
  • Castle Rock, CO
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Castle Rock, CO
Replied Jan 16 2022, 18:54

@Trey Lusk Joe Fairless' Best Ever Apartment Syndication book is a great read if you would like to put together a syndication.

@Brian briscoe's podcast The Diary of an Apartment Investor is also a great place to learn.

User Stats

Votes
Trey Lusk
Votes |
Replied Jan 17 2022, 05:47

@Adam Lacey Thank you for the recommendation! I will definitely look into both of those!

User Stats

Votes
Nicholas L.
Pro Member
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Pittsburgh
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Pittsburgh
Replied Jan 17 2022, 09:35

@Trey Lusk why not house hack?