• Real Estate Agent
  • Hagerstown, MD
Votes |
Seller Financing On Market

Brandon Allenczy
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Hagerstown, MD
Posted Jan 21 2022, 10:53

Has anyone ever done a seller financed deal that was just found on market? If so, did you just have your agent contact the listing agent and ask if they'll take owner financing? I feel some hesitation from my current agent now in doing this because he just feels it's super unlikely to happen. I get that some properties have it in the description, but just wondering if you've found an on market deal where that wasn't the case and actually had to ask the listing agent.

User Stats

Votes
Joshua Janus
  • Realtor
  • Columbus OH & Cleveland, OH
Votes |
  • Realtor
  • Columbus OH & Cleveland, OH
Replied Jan 21 2022, 16:52

I have not completed a a seller financing deal but contacting the listing agent would be a good place to start. Depending on your market, this can be a really difficult feat as the competition is so high just among cash and mortgage buyers offering over asking. 

User Stats

Votes
Dwayne Poster
  • Investor
  • Van Isle
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Van Isle
Replied Jan 21 2022, 17:21

Out of curiosity, what would you offer the seller to consider financing. 

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Spencer Gray
  • Syndication Expert and Investor
  • Indianapolis, IN
Votes |
  • Syndication Expert and Investor
  • Indianapolis, IN
Replied Jan 21 2022, 18:38

Just keep in mind that if you make your offer is contingent on seller financing your offer will not be very competitive in a very competitive market. 

It's more likely in an off-market deal. 

User Stats

Votes
Eric Janson
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Minneapolis, MN
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Minneapolis, MN
Replied Jan 21 2022, 18:43

Your agent shouldn't feel hesitation asking if the listing agent will accept seller financing.  It is a pretty easy question.  The worst that will happen is they will say no.  I would say that it is highly unlikely to find this on the market today with low inventory.  

User Stats

Votes
William Costello
  • Indianapolis, IN
Votes |
  • Indianapolis, IN
Replied Jan 24 2022, 09:06

@Brandon Allenczy good question, since your offer is contingent on seller financing your offer would not be competitive in that market. Off market deal could be a possibility.