• Investor
  • Rehoboth, MA
Votes |
Ever Heard Of Stellar Multifamily Enterprise

Steve Iacobbo
  • Investor
  • Rehoboth, MA
Posted May 19 2022, 19:18

Hi.  I'm considering investing as an LP, in a syndication with Stellar Multifamily Enterprise on a deal in Huston, TX.  The numbers seem reasonable and in general, the deal looks pretty good.  I don't know anything about the Team however and was wondering if anyone has ever invested with this group.   

User Stats

Votes
Michael Le
  • Developer
  • Houston, TX
Votes |
  • Developer
  • Houston, TX
Replied May 19 2022, 20:47

If you don't know them well enough then you shouldn't invest. And if it's a 506b syndication (I think I know the deal you're talking about and it is a 506b) then you can't legally invest anyway if you don't know them.

User Stats

Votes
Steve Iacobbo
  • Investor
  • Rehoboth, MA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Rehoboth, MA
Replied May 20 2022, 04:09

@Michael Le. That's a fair point, but what exactly does it mean to "know" someone in this context. If I meet someone on BP who has a deal does that count as knowing them? I'm not trying to be difficult, just really trying to understand.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Michael Le
  • Developer
  • Houston, TX
Votes |
  • Developer
  • Houston, TX
Replied May 20 2022, 08:19

@Steve Iacobbo From the perspective of an LP/passive investor (ie you), I would say to know someone is to have at least a conversation with them about their business, their approach, their track record, and then more specifics about this particular deal. What is their involvement, are they the asset managers or involved in a lesser way?

From the perspective of a GP, to know someone would be to under the LPs background, their investment goals, their financial situation, and whether it is a match for what I am doing.