• Rental Property Investor
  • San Diego, CA
Votes |
Software for Syndication- Please Help!

Ryan A Shumaker
  • San Diego, CA
Posted May 29 2022, 18:10

I am looking for software that will assist with the syndication process. We have a property in IL that we are looking to raise capital to stabilize and we want to be organized, professional, and efficient. Any help is appreciated! TIA

User Stats

Votes
Charles Seaman
Pro Member
  • Apartment Syndicator
  • Charlotte, NC
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Apartment Syndicator
  • Charlotte, NC
Replied May 29 2022, 18:27

@Ryan A Shumaker  What type of software are you looking for?  An investor portal?

User Stats

Votes
Taylor L.
Pro Member
  • Multifamily and Self Storage Investor
  • Richmond, VA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Multifamily and Self Storage Investor
  • Richmond, VA
Replied May 29 2022, 18:29

There are numerous packages available. The most common portals I found in my search were: Syndication Pro, InvestNext, Groundbreaker, Investor Deal Room, Cash Flow Portal, and Juniper Square. After a long search I chose to go with InvestNext. Their software is solid, I was able to get several positive references, and the pricing is reasonable. I also hear very good things about Syndication Pro.

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Alex Ramirez
  • Houston, TX
Votes |
  • Houston, TX
Replied May 29 2022, 19:55

@Ryan A Shumaker try the syndicator deal

Analyzer (SDA) by Michael Blank. It’s really cheap and worth every single penny. It even comes with training videos

User Stats

Votes
Kim Meredith Hampton
  • Real Estate Broker
  • St Petersburg & Orlando
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • St Petersburg & Orlando
Replied May 30 2022, 03:51

@Ryan A Shumaker also take a look at Appfolio Investment. It’s a little pricey, but so worth the investment 

User Stats

Votes
Badri Malynur
  • Beaverton Oregon
Votes |
  • Beaverton Oregon
Replied May 30 2022, 11:25

@Ryan A Shumaker  All the packages mentioned above are good options if you are doing just a deal or two but if you plan to do multiple deals over the next few years, you may want to look at customizable funds provided by Avestor that combine the best attributes of funds and individual syndication deals. You can get significant savings for legal and compliance costs in addition to providing one PPM and one K-1 to your investors regardless of how many deals they invest in.  Please reach out if you would like to get more information. 

User Stats

Votes
Chris Seveney
Pro Member
#1 All Forums Contributor
  • Investor
  • Virginia
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Virginia
Replied May 30 2022, 16:16

@Ryan A Shumaker

Appfolio just came out with an investor management system which we are starting to use and it’s simplistic to use and makes the investor process easy as well.

User Stats

Votes
Percy N.
  • Developer
  • Philadelphia, PA
Votes |
  • Developer
  • Philadelphia, PA
Replied May 31 2022, 08:38

There are many packages to streamline the investor management process.

A few of them have been mentioned about but will also add Realpage's IMS to the mix.

As @Badri Malynur said, Avestor seems to have some interested features and I recommend looking at that as well.

User Stats

Votes
Brock Mogensen
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Syndicator
  • Milwaukee, WI
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Syndicator
  • Milwaukee, WI
Replied May 31 2022, 18:37

Syndication Pro is solid.  We recently switched to Appfolio Investment Manager though.  Investor portal solutions are pricey but definitely provides a more professional experience for your LP's.

User Stats

Votes
Ryan A Shumaker
  • San Diego, CA
Votes |
  • San Diego, CA
Replied Aug 7 2022, 07:07

@Brock Mogensen, I scheduled a demo with their team and it looks like a great product. Thank you for the recommendation. 

User Stats

Votes
Chris Seveney
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Virginia
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Virginia
Replied Aug 7 2022, 16:37

@Brock Mogensen

Two things we found out last week on Appfolio is we have an open ended fund and after the initial bulk upload to have to go in and input investors and investment individually. Also if you do share based raise you cannot issue distributions on a cost per share basis.

User Stats

Votes
Replied May 26 2023, 10:09

I am new to the syndication space, have been landlording & investing off and on for 20 years. 
I just had a demo of SyndicationPro & InvestNext - the immediate limit with Syndication Pro was my location outside of the USA.

Going to trial (paid trial) InvestNext for a few months and will report back. I was also told of SS&G for GPs & LPs outside of the USA

User Stats

Votes
Percy N.
  • Developer
  • Philadelphia, PA
Votes |
  • Developer
  • Philadelphia, PA
Replied May 28 2023, 16:42

@Matthew Armstrong what was the specific challenge with you being outside the US?

Is the syndication raising capital for US based investments? Where are the LPs based?

SS&G are fund admins who like most admins have their own investor portals as well.

Fund admins are not cheap and can run $25-$50k/yr based on the services required.

Steadily logo
Steadily
|
Sponsored
America’s best-rated landlord insurance nationwide Quotes online in minutes. Single-family, fix n’ flips, short-term rentals, and more. Great prices.

User Stats

Votes
Replied May 28 2023, 20:31
Quote from @Percy N.:

@Matthew Armstrong what was the specific challenge with you being outside the US?

Is the syndication raising capital for US based investments? Where are the LPs based?

SS&G are fund admins who like most admins have their own investor portals as well.

Fund admins are not cheap and can run $25-$50k/yr based on the services required.

Thanks for the reply - The limitation, for me, was the company is headquartered in Dubai, the properties in Africa and Middle East and the investors all over the place.
I am deep within this rabbit hole.

Syndication Pro was immediate to tell me, we won't work for you
InvestNext says they have multi-currency support and should not pose any issues - I am going to test InvestNext, infact their Docs are in my email now to sign. 
I appreciate the info @Percy N.