• New York, NY
Votes |
Academic Research for Multi-family Real Estate Investment

Brian Monga
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • New York, NY
Posted Jul 18 2022, 14:16

I am currently working on a project for Columbia Business School, where I am completing an MBA, involving multi-family residential real estate in commutable urban areas like Newark, NJ. I am a real estate investor myself and own several properties in NJ and NY. I would like to talk with investors interested in investing in commercial multifamily. There is no need to have actually owned or have been an LP in an apartment building (although if you have your feedback would be insightful)-- only to have a serious interest in investing. 

Please DM me if you are interested in doing a quick interview for academic purposes. I appreciate your feedback and participation.

Thanks,

Brian Monga

User Stats

Votes
Taylor L.
Pro Member
  • Multifamily and Self Storage Investor
  • Richmond, VA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Richmond, VA
Replied Jul 18 2022, 17:49

What types of questions might you have? I'm happy to weigh in, I've been on both sides as GP & LP.

User Stats

Votes
Brian Monga
Pro Member
  • New York, NY
Votes |
Pro Member
  • New York, NY
Replied Jul 19 2022, 15:21

Hello @Taylor L., Thanks for reaching out. They are just some simple but open-ended questions for customer discovery research. The research is focused on multi-family but we are happy to take input from real estate investors involved in other asset classes. Some examples of the questions are: Why are you interested in investing in real estate? or What is the most compelling real estate investment strategy you have seen? 

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Taylor L.
Pro Member
  • Richmond, VA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Richmond, VA
Replied Jul 19 2022, 15:24
Quote from @Brian Monga:

Hello @Taylor L., Thanks for reaching out. They are just some simple but open-ended questions for customer discovery research. The research is focused on multi-family but we are happy to take input from real estate investors involved in other asset classes. Some examples of the questions are: Why are you interested in investing in real estate? or What is the most compelling real estate investment strategy you have seen? 

Shoot me a DM! Fun story - before I started investing in real estate I was aiming toward the MBA path. Took the GMAT and got a decent score. I did a lot of soul searching and decided real estate was the better path for me.

User Stats

Votes
Brian Monga
Pro Member
  • New York, NY
Votes |
Pro Member
  • New York, NY
Replied Jul 20 2022, 16:03

Thanks to those that DM'd and took the time to talk! We are still happy to talk to more investors. For those that participate, I am happy to share some of the customer discovery results with you which might help with your own future business.