Skip to content
Multi-Family and Apartment Investing

User Stats

Votes
Martin Herrera Jr
  • Wholesaler
  • Weslaco TX
Votes |
What's a good cap rate for apartments/ multi family?

Martin Herrera Jr
  • Wholesaler
  • Weslaco TX
Posted Aug 8 2022, 12:12

Hey guys I got a 6 plex with 2 houses and 14 apartments for sale but I just wanted to hear yall's opinions on what's a good cap rate for multi family properties here in the Rio Grande Valley.

User Stats

Votes
Satch Bernhardt
  • Investor
  • Mt Dora, FL
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Mt Dora, FL
Replied Aug 8 2022, 13:22

You might be able to call a local commercial real estate broker and get your answer really fast!

User Stats

Votes
Jim Pellerin
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • USA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • USA
Replied Aug 8 2022, 13:54
Quote from @Martin Herrera Jr:

Hey guys I got a 6 plex with 2 houses and 14 apartments for sale but I just wanted to hear yall's opinions on what's a good cap rate for multi family properties here in the Rio Grande Valley.

I always go here. https://apartmentloanstore.com...

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Justin Moy
  • Investor
  • Kansas City, MO
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Kansas City, MO
Replied Aug 8 2022, 15:03

If you're planning on listing them I'd direct that question to the broker. Sometimes cap rates matter less with multifamily if there's value-add potential so some buyers are okay buying at a (let's say) 3 cap if after the rehab it's a 6+ (or whatever is good for that market). 

User Stats

Votes
Felipe Stefanoni
  • Investor
  • MD FL WV
Votes |
  • Investor
  • MD FL WV
Replied Aug 9 2022, 18:22

If you don´t have access to Costar, you can also search "NAR commercial report" > your state> find the MSA. On the report go to multifamily and find cap rate. It´s not always accurate but it give you a good ballpark!