Votes
Victor Olvera
Pro Member
Votes |
underwriting spreadsheet for multifamily

Victor Olvera
Pro Member
Posted Aug 21 2022, 15:36

hello everyone, im watching this BP video. and she is using a spreadsheet, is there a way I could find one as well to help with underwriting? you can see it at the 15:00 mark in the video 

;list=PLnjiwgKWoHEoUCiikeQdDXbx4upHdWTlw&index=11

User Stats

Votes
Taylor L.
Pro Member
  • Multifamily and Self Storage Investor
  • Richmond, VA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Multifamily and Self Storage Investor
  • Richmond, VA
Replied Aug 21 2022, 18:22

Michael Blank's SDA is pretty popular if you're looking at larger properties.

User Stats

Votes
Victor Olvera
Pro Member
Votes |
Pro Member
Replied Aug 21 2022, 19:11
Quote from @Taylor L.:

Michael Blank's SDA is pretty popular if you're looking at larger properties.

where is that at?

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Christopher Burge
  • Chattanooga, TN
Votes |
  • Chattanooga, TN
Replied Aug 22 2022, 14:30

@Victor Olvera, Michael Blanks Syndicated Deal Analyzer (SDA) can be found here: https://themichaelblank.com/sy...

As the name suggests, its focus is on syndications but it can be used to get other information. I do caution you to do you home work and learn the underwriting behind the scenes and edit/alter it into a way that work for you. Most groups I know that had used the SDA have greatly altered it to align and meet their business needs and strategy.

There are several good BP Real Estate Podcast episodes with Andrew Cushman that talk about underwriting as well that I really liked. You have to be cautious in some cases when underwriting larger multifamily because it can be easy to manipulate things to "look" good on paper (ex. IRR) but in reality not be a great deal for the investors (or at least not as good as advertised).