Skip to content
Multi-Family and Apartment Investing

User Stats

Votes
John Grinston
Votes |
Any multifamily investors in Virginia ,Hampton Roads ??

John Grinston
Posted Aug 28 2022, 17:51

How do you all find your MF deals? I don't see any for sell in my area. Is there another way to go about finding them other than zillow and realtor.com?

User Stats

Votes
Charles Seaman
Pro Member
  • Apartment Syndicator
  • Charlotte, NC
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Apartment Syndicator
  • Charlotte, NC
Replied Aug 28 2022, 19:01

@Cristian Rocael Carrillo lives in VA and can offer some insight about finding deals there.

User Stats

Votes
Aj Parikh
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Centreville, VA
Votes |
  • Centreville, VA
Replied Aug 30 2022, 09:00

I am a multi family investor from Northern Virginia but primarily buy real estate in Cleveland because there are close to no opportunities in the Northern Virginia in the multi family space. If you are interested in connecting, let me know and I can share my experience. 

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Replied Aug 30 2022, 16:46
Quote from @Charles Seaman:

@Cristian Rocael Carrillo lives in VA and can offer some insight about finding deals there.

Thanks, Charles! @John Grinston, Zillow and Realtor, from my experience, have residential properties. If you are looking for similar sites for multifamily assets (5 units and above), you may want to visit Crexi.com. One thing to note is that these sites have properties that have already been viewed and probably passed on by other investors - this does not mean that they are bad deals, just something to be aware of. I recommend you start building relationships with brokers in the area with firms like CBRE, Capstone, M&M, etc. - you can also go on their sites to view the properties they have "on market." Once you develop a good relationship with a broker and they trust your credibility, background, ability to close, etc., they may send over 'pocket listings' or 'off-market' deals! Reach out if you have any questions. 

@Aj Parikh, I am in the DC area, would love to connect!

User Stats

Votes
Steven Baltimore
  • United States
Votes |
  • United States
Replied Aug 30 2022, 21:32

Propertyshark.com may be a good place to visit.

User Stats

Votes
John Grinston
Votes |
Replied Aug 30 2022, 22:28
Quote from @Steven Baltimore:

Propertyshark.com may be a good place to visit.

thanks, I'll look into that  

User Stats

Votes
John Grinston
Votes |
Replied Aug 30 2022, 22:29
Quote from @Aj Parikh:

I am a multi family investor from Northern Virginia but primarily buy real estate in Cleveland because there are close to no opportunities in the Northern Virginia in the multi family space. If you are interested in connecting, let me know and I can share my experience. 

Thanks

User Stats

Votes
John Grinston
Votes |
Replied Aug 30 2022, 22:36
Quote from @Cristian Rocael Carrillo:

Thanks, Charles! @John Grinston, Zillow and Realtor, from my experience, have residential properties. If you are looking for similar sites for multifamily assets (5 units and above), you may want to visit Crexi.com. One thing to note is that these sites have properties that have already been viewed and probably passed on by other investors - this does not mean that they are bad deals, just something to be aware of. I recommend you start building relationships with brokers in the area with firms like CBRE, Capstone, M&M, etc. - you can also go on their sites to view the properties they have "on market." Once you develop a good relationship with a broker and they trust your credibility, background, ability to close, etc., they may send over 'pocket listings' or 'off-market' deals! Reach out if you have any questions. 

Thanks for all of that great information. I didn't think to look on their website for listings.

User Stats

Votes
John Grinston
Votes |
Replied Aug 30 2022, 22:47
Quote from @Cristian Rocael Carrillo:

User Stats

Votes
Patti Robertson
  • Property Manager
  • Virginia Beach, VA
Votes |
  • Property Manager
  • Virginia Beach, VA
Replied Aug 31 2022, 18:13

How many units are you looking for? Smaller multis usually land in our MLS. Larger complexes are generally not in MLS but are on the commercial sites such as Loopnet. Right now we literally only have 12 properties that have more than 3 units listed in our Hampton Roads MLS. :(

User Stats

Votes
John Grinston
Votes |
Replied Sep 4 2022, 18:39
Quote from @Patti Robertson:

How many units are you looking for? Smaller multis usually land in our MLS. Larger complexes are generally not in MLS but are on the commercial sites such as Loopnet. Right now we literally only have 12 properties that have more than 3 units listed in our Hampton Roads MLS. :(

Hi,Im interested in 2-4 units

User Stats

Votes
Aj Parikh
  • Centreville, VA
Votes |
  • Centreville, VA
Replied Sep 7 2022, 22:12
Quote from @Jim Flynn:
Quote from @Aj Parikh:

Do you wish to go to Columbus? Lets chat.

For now I am only looking to invest in Cleveland 

User Stats

Votes
Simon Ashbaugh
  • Realtor
Votes |
  • Realtor
Replied Sep 8 2022, 07:57
Quote from @Jim Flynn:
Quote from @Aj Parikh:

Do you wish to go to Columbus? Lets chat.

im in Columbus. if your looking to invest, would love to chat