• New to Real Estate
  • Plymouth, OH
Votes |
Looking for some advice on a potential deal

Wayne Hampton
  • New to Real Estate
  • Plymouth, OH
Posted Sep 3 2022, 07:43

I am looking at a 3 unit 3000 sq. ft. (potential for 4 or 5) priced @ $135,000.  2 of the units need updated,  potentially just gutted.  The siding will need to be painted and eventually changed to vinyl siding along with 28 new windows.  I offered $105,000.  Seller came down to $120,000 and won't budge off of that price.  I can't decide if I should go ahead and give them the $120k or move on.  Currently the 3 units rent out for $500 a pc.  If updated they should easily rent out in my area for $650 to $750 a month.  I think that @ $120,000 it is still a good deal and would like to do a buy, rehab, rent and refi.  Just looking for some advice.  Thanks!

User Stats

Votes
William Harvey
  • Investor
  • Ashburn, VA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Ashburn, VA
Replied Sep 4 2022, 13:57

@Wayne Hampton I plugged this into our cloud-based analyzer and here is what a BRRRR might look like. Seems like it'll cash flow and isn't a bad deal at all. I didn't have all of the variables so this might be off, but you can take a look and tweak. Hope this helps!

User Stats

Votes
Muhammad Amawi
  • Investor
  • Cleveland
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Cleveland
Replied Sep 16 2022, 11:55

Hey Wayne,

If you were to do typical investment financing with 25% down at 120k while keeping the 3 units at $500 a month it will still cash flow pretty well for you (roughly $600 a month depending on the rate you choose to go with). Seems like a pretty good deal.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Wayne Hampton
  • New to Real Estate
  • Plymouth, OH
Votes |
  • New to Real Estate
  • Plymouth, OH
Replied Sep 17 2022, 09:34
Quote from @Jim Flynn:
Quote from @Wayne Hampton:

I am looking at a 3 unit 3000 sq. ft. (potential for 4 or 5) priced @ $135,000.  2 of the units need updated,  potentially just gutted.  The siding will need to be painted and eventually changed to vinyl siding along with 28 new windows.  I offered $105,000.  Seller came down to $120,000 and won't budge off of that price.  I can't decide if I should go ahead and give them the $120k or move on.  Currently the 3 units rent out for $500 a pc.  If updated they should easily rent out in my area for $650 to $750 a month.  I think that @ $120,000 it is still a good deal and would like to do a buy, rehab, rent and refi.  Just looking for some advice.  Thanks!

How many projects have you done to date. 
This would be the first rental.  I have demoed a foreclosure property and rebuilt about 3 years ago.  

User Stats

Votes
Wayne Hampton
  • New to Real Estate
  • Plymouth, OH
Votes |
  • New to Real Estate
  • Plymouth, OH
Replied Sep 18 2022, 06:48
Quote from @William Harvey:

@Wayne Hampton I plugged this into our cloud-based analyzer and here is what a BRRRR might look like. Seems like it'll cash flow and isn't a bad deal at all. I didn't have all of the variables so this might be off, but you can take a look and tweak. Hope this helps!

I appreciate the input from everyone.  Looks like the analysis that I did myself falls in line with everyine else so thanks for the confirmation.