Skip to content
Multi-Family and Apartment Investing

User Stats

Votes
John Geer
Votes |
Looking to invest in Little Rock, AR...hows the market there?

John Geer
Posted Sep 14 2022, 10:31

Dear BPs,

Looking for any guidance in investing in Little Rock, Arkansas area as I am likely to be moving near that region fairly soon. Ideally, I would like to get a multifamily property (3-4 plex). This would be my first multifamily property purchase FYI. 

I don't know much (yet) about Little Rock. How is the market there in general? Good for renting? 

Thank you all!

-John 

User Stats

Votes
Mary Schlabach
  • Michiana
Votes |
  • Michiana
Replied Oct 22 2022, 06:43

I am also moving to Arkansas soon, not sure what area yet, but I'd love to stay in touch and share tips, etc. Good luck to you!

User Stats

Votes
Ray Ellen
  • Realtor
  • Little Rock, AR
Votes |
  • Realtor
  • Little Rock, AR
Replied Nov 23 2022, 18:34

Hey John. Congrats on moving into the area. How soon are you heading this way? The market is still great for rental income. Our taxes are low, the laws are landlord friendly, & prices are very fair compared to the rest of the coutntry so it's lower initial capital investment. The rental market is strong here. With a great acquisition team & good property manager, you should be able to do very well. 

I am not sure if this would apply but you can also purchase a multifamily property (2-4 units) with the FHA loan (3.5% down) if you live in one of the units. Your lender will have details on the rules that come with that loan type. It might be a great way to get started investing in multifamily and to make the move.

Good luck to you.

• Real Estate Agent Arkansas (#SA00064680)

Pixel Properties brokered by REAL Broker Logo
BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Briyana Hawkins
  • New to Real Estate
  • Annapolis, MD
Votes |
  • New to Real Estate
  • Annapolis, MD
Replied Dec 1 2022, 08:09

I'll definitely be following this thread :) Very exciting! We are about to make our final payments on a lot zoned for a duplex in the Central Historic Area, not too far from Arkansas Children's Hospital. In fact, there's a newly built duplex next door to our lot. Haven't been able to find a builder yet, so still figuring out our strategy. Looking forward to hear what you all do on your REI journeys in Little Rock!

User Stats

Votes
Lane Criss
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Bryant, AR
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Bryant, AR
Replied Dec 1 2022, 08:15

Hi John,

Little Rock rentals can do really well. For example, there are good pockets around the college, UALR. Jacksonville is a little north but has a great tenant base because of the Air Force base there. Additionally, Saline county is close by and is growing at a quicker pace than Little Rock. Best of luck!