• Real Estate Investor
  • Peabody, MA
Votes |
New Hampshire multifamily investing.

Thomas Hickey
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Peabody, MA
Posted Sep 29 2022, 11:07

Looking to connect with current multifamily owners in Southern New Hampshire and also Rochester NH. I haven't been able to find anyone else investing in Rochester but the area does seem interesting. 

Thanks, Tom 

User Stats

Votes
Jaylan Archer
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Portsmouth, NH
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Portsmouth, NH
Replied Oct 2 2022, 14:38

Hey Thomas!

I'm a real estate agent and investor that owns in Southern NH and Maine. 

I am frequently working in Rochester and Somersworth and have found those two markets to be very similar, cash flow markets. 

Happy to connect with you and answer any questions you have on it. Feel free to message me. 

User Stats

Votes
Jim Fichera
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Amherst, NH
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Amherst, NH
Replied Oct 2 2022, 15:45
Hi Tom,

I have a couple Multis in Southern NH as well as some singles. Nothing in Rochester though.Feel free to reach out.
FlipSystem logo
FlipSystem
|
Sponsored
Learn From Our Team. Earn 100% of the Profits. Join our community of 500+ investors! Avg profit per flip: $14k, Avg effort per week: 4hrs

User Stats

Votes
Sean Delisle
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Londonderry, NH
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Londonderry, NH
Replied Oct 3 2022, 07:15

Hi Tom,

Rochester and Somersworth seem to be hot areas right now.  I think it's because Portsmouth and Dover have really taken off.  I've sold a couple of properties in Somersworth and had a buyer looking for a multi-family in both towns as well.  That buyer ended up buying a fixer condo in Stratham with the plan to move out and rent it.  Then we will start the multi-family search again.  Good luck with your search.  Happy to help if you need it.  

User Stats

Votes
Jessica Stevenson
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Manchester, NH
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Manchester, NH
Replied Oct 15 2022, 04:09

@Thomas Hickey  Have you attended any of the local meetups?  NHREIA or local ones posted here through the 'Network' section?  I would recommend attending these, you'll find plenty of folks to chat with!

• Real Estate Agent New Hampshire (#072410) and Massachusetts (#9562547)

• Sopris Realty LLC
Sopris Realty LLC  Logo

User Stats

Votes
Christian Ehlers
  • Real Estate Agent
  • NH & MA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • NH & MA
Replied Nov 2 2022, 22:37

@Thomas Hickey Rochester/Somersworth like a lot of places has certain pockets that are better than others, and some areas it’s probably not worth messing with… My team has listings and helps clients purchase in those towns all the time if you’d like some insights. Decent cash flow in these markets, but the appreciation is not nearly as good when compared to Dover of course portsmouth, and many other seacoast towns.

If you’re looking for both, maybe consider the mid-term rental strategy in Dover/portsmouth? Portsmouth hospitals are basically run entirely by travel nurses from what my physician assistant friends have told me. Should be plenty of renters, it’s a strategy I’m considering myself in that area

Christian Ehlers Realtor Logo

User Stats

Votes
River Sava#2 BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat Contributor
  • Lender
  • Charlotte, NC
Votes |
River Sava#2 BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat Contributor
  • Lender
  • Charlotte, NC
Replied Nov 30 2022, 18:00

Hi Thomas- I work with MF properties a lot and would love to offer insight. I am also not too far away in Newburyport, MA so I know the area well.