Multi-Family and Apartment Investing

User Stats

Votes
Pavel Rudokha
Votes |
Vacant Insurance for Duplexes in High Point

Pavel Rudokha
Posted Nov 7 2022, 13:21

Hey, guys. I just purchased 2 duplexes in High Point, NC area and looking for an insurance company to get a vacant policy for bothof them.

I spoke with Foremost - they put on hold writing new policies across NC due to hurricane Nicole(!). What insurance company would you recommend to "go to" ?

Thanks in advance! 

User Stats

Votes
Jason Bott
Pro Member
#2 Insurance Contributor
  • Insurance Agent
  • Nationwide
Votes |
Pro Member
#2 Insurance Contributor
  • Insurance Agent
  • Nationwide
Replied Nov 7 2022, 19:12

@Pavel Rudokha we are seeing moratoriums from all of our insurance carriers for SE coastal states until Nicole passes.  It's Monday Nov 7th, and I believe most carriers will lift the moratorium by Thursday, Nov 10th.  I'd circle back with them at that time if you can wait.

User Stats

Votes
Pat Lulewicz
  • Realtor
  • Raleigh NC and Greensboro, NC
Votes |
  • Realtor
  • Raleigh NC and Greensboro, NC
Replied Nov 8 2022, 06:24

American Modern Insurance

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
John Mocker#1 Insurance Contributor
  • Insurance Agent
  • Norwalk, CT
Votes |
  • Insurance Agent
  • Norwalk, CT
Replied Nov 9 2022, 10:29

Pavel,

If you are planning on renovating the duplexes, you can also look to a Renovation Builders Risk policy.  that type of policy covers the existing structure and also the renovations.  A Vacant Dwelling policy would not be the form I would normally  recommend if you are doing renovations (although some Vacant Dwelling policies can be endorsed for the Renovation work)